Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Turn on Bluetooth in Ubuntu 12.04

I did not find it so straightforward to setup bluetooth in my ubuntu 12.04 system. So I had to look up couple of sites to fix my problem and successfully transfer data via bluetooth.

The following link gives a nice, detailed, step-by-step instruction on how to turn on bluetooth in ubuntu.
http://www.hecticgeek.com/2012/09/how-to-set-up-a-bluetooth-connection-in-ubuntu/

However, I was not able to activate any button. They all appeared deactivated to me. If you are facing the same problem, then you have to do the following setup in terminal:

$sudo hciconfig hci0 reset

This activates the buttons and lets you do your setting. (Refer: http://askubuntu.com/questions/153384/trouble-turning-on-bluetooth-in-12-04)


We need to check the option  "Receive files in Downloads Folder over Bluetooth" in the menu opened in Personal File Sharing. In ubuntu 12.04, it is found in the path: 
Applications ->System Tools->Preferences->Personal File Sharing.

The files transferred to the system are stored in the folder "Public" in the homepath. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment